Monday, August 4, 2008

Jiggity Jig. Jetlag Makes For Bad Parenting.

We're home. It feels a little surreal, almost like the last week didn't happen- Megan is watching Sesame Street and I'm catching up on email and my favorite blogs and online reading. I'm yelling at the dog. I am up to my ears in laundry. There is nothing to cook/eat. What on earth? Wasn't I just in another country YESTERDAY!?!?

The flight was totally uneventful (unless you ask Kip or Megan). Ok, so I dumped an entire cup of water in Megan's lap as she was going to sleep. She had it coming, it was payback for the apple juice bath I got on the way over. And so what if there were thunderstorms all around the Houston area as we came in to land? Turbulence doesn't kill people. Jetlagged parents kill people.

We made the mistake of letting Megan sleep for a little over 2 hours on the plane, though, and she had a hard time getting to sleep last night, and woke up BEFORE 5 AM. I think my least favorite phrases between the hours of 10pm and 8 am are "I'm not sleepy" and "I CAN'T GO BACK TO SLEEEEEP!"

I'm dragging her rear-end out to a park or something today and I'm going to force her to play until it starts to Tropical Storm us back to the car.

Oh, and I'm going to pack or something. (Just in case Kip is reading this.)