Friday, September 26, 2008

Bike Fever, Bike Feee-verrrrr

I got a bike!

For those of you who don't know, we are going SANS car for at least a month to gauge if we will actually need one. Kip is riding on borrowed wheels from Femke's dad, JP, and I was riding a borrowed bike for about 3 days before I found my new best friend ever:

KBN5D_5710

Introducing, Petey the bike. (Named by Megan for a dog who was named for a bike. Full circle.)

So far Pete and I have ridden to Haarlem and back, among other daily tasks like going to the market, the grocery store, and wayyy out to the bank. I can't tell you how much I was praying for Advil about day 3 of having a bike, I think I managed to rack-up around 45 kilometers in that time period.

Now that I am more mobile, I will have a chance to explore the area much more, and hopefully bring some more interesting sites to the Flickr site and the blog.

No comments: